Read the label on the can of primer and look for thinning instructions. 1000155757. Brian discusses the Zinsser Cover Stain, an oil based stain from Rust-Oleum that can be applied on almost any surface. For priming purposes stay away from it. stream I thin down primers quite a bit myself and have never had a problem. They came out nice enough but I am wondering if I should be worried about the longevity of this job. You could also try some penetrol or xim in these situations, keeps the primer flowing for a bit longer before it locks up on you. To block stains from water or bleeding woods, use a Zinsser stain blocking primer such as Zinsser Cover Stain®. The Ceiling Pro is a 5-in-1 system specially designed to fight common problems in ceilings. Zinsser®Cover Stain®Oil-Based Primer is an all purpose oil-based primer designed for interior or exterior applications where an oil-base primer is desired. 4 0 obj Stir the mixture to blend it evenly. Cleanup –Clean up spills and drips with a rag soaked in mineral spirits or paint thinner. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Today's video is all about Zinsser B-I-N Aerosol primer - the easiest and most effective way to prime interior surfaces and spot prime exterior surfaces. The Zinsser 03504 Cover Stain Oil Primer is suitable for interior and exterior use. Cover-Stain is an excellent product that is versatile in both interior and exterior applications. Half of Measuring scale broke and fell inside the underground oil tank. Here in Michigan its like water....just about. Touch dry in 45 minutes and re-coat in 2 … <> Cover Stain is a fast drying alkyd that is best applied by sprayer. <>>> Thanks, :blink:"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe". %PDF-1.5 Thinning – COVER STAIN High Hide Oil-Base is designed to be used without thinning. Click to see full answer On interior surfaces, Cover Stain® dries quickly and has great hiding power providing outstanding stain killing and enamel undercoating performance. %���� 0 Reviews. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. Not sold in stores . For interior and exterior use. "We can rebuild him — we have the technology". I thinned it so I could apply a thin coat as well as decrease the dry time. Note that thinning the primer may affect its stain blocking properties. .DESCRIPTION AND USES. I recently used my thinned down cover-stain to prime some french doors. Ideal for interior / exterior use. If spills or drips have dried use paint remover. In this example Zinsser Cover Stain was thinned down to spray bare poplar then 2 coats of acrylic paint applied over the primer. 3 0 obj Add to list . Add to registry Zinsser 57068 8 oz Sand Finish Paint Additive. Evaporation is a biach. I used it as the base coat primer on my windows, and as you say, it's bloody thick, and extremely fast drying, trying to keep a wet edge is a bit of a trial, no bad thing for me though as I wanted something to build and sand back, I used some Sikkens Rubbol Primer Plus as my undercoat, and that stuff went on lovely. It could be a different formulation compliant with the state's VOC law. JavaScript is disabled. x��=�rܸ���?��&���+�$�*�6Q�}l'�����i����p��w�PChS[+K3dw��h� �Ӈ��������oO����������O�����8}���������j��~����GOW��ܿw�=����՛�Q������꟦�Wo>޿�T�����=!�To�x��S�:��o�5�[oO��gYC꾍���z N>������Kt�ٶ��81��W��K`��ϞTM���u�ޖ-��, d���v:�w5�s�� L��|5�� @���DN i���iǁ���99����99��Λ2!�Bș�C&$Vp>szȄ� Oil Based White Interior/Exterior Primer and Sealer sticks to any surface without sanding and can be used under and over oil and latex topcoats. Can be used under any oil- or water-based topcoat. Shop All . as long as it wasnt 50% thinner or something outragous I Think you should be fine. Zinsser 1014916 26 oz Cover Stain Primer with Turbo Spray System White Flat & Matte - Pack of 6. Hi there! Product Overview Cover Stain® is the only interior / exterior primer, sealer, stain sealer and bond coat that dries for recoat in only two hours. Then I put two coats of KM Durapoxy eggshell. Use it to block stains, hide dark colours, prevent tannin bleed and penetrate and seal exterior wood. Developed specifically for “people-sensitive” areas in commercial and residential environments, the state-of-the-art sprayable formula has even less odor than most water-base primers. It features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water, smoke, fire, nicotine and tannin bleed. It is an exterior wood sealer so it can block any bleeds form redwood and cedar. You can even use it to prime bare timber, meaning it’s a very versatile product and it something that as a decorator, I always have in the van. 2 0 obj Paintable in only 2 hours. This whole-house primer-sealer is a favourite with professionals. It works well in covering nicotine stains and odor in walls. This primer can conceal marks and stains in wood. ZINSSER® COVER STAIN® DESCRIPTION Multi-applicable solvent-based stain-blocking primer and sealer. I stopped selling it about 6 months ago and replaced it with Isulx primer. http://www.zinsser.com/pdf/TDB/cover_oilbase.pdf, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Price Price. Any fast drying product should not be used for brush applications on bare wood, as the product has no time to level. The Drywall Pro is a primer and sealer for new or damaged drywall. Zinsser. 3 reviews. Further, it has a quick turn around time being one hour for re-coat with either latex or oil top-coats. Coverstain gets pretty thick pretty fast in warmer regions. You can find other great brands such as Sherwin Williams, or international brands that … Zinsser Cover Stain is an oil-based stain block, sealer and adhesion primer. Product Overview Zinsser Cover Stain 1 Gal. Shop All. Add to list . On interior surfaces, Cover Stain® Deep Tint dries quickly and has great hiding power providing outstanding stain killing and enamel undercoating performance. Cover Stain® Deep Tint is the only interior / exterior primer, sealer, stain sealer and bond coat that dries for recoat in only two hours. universal colorant per 3.78L (gallon). A waterbased primer will dry slower but will raise the grain. Oil Base White Interior/Exterior Primer and Sealer spray sticks to any surface without sanding and can be used under and over oil and latex topcoats. <> When the paint contractor applied blue tape to mask an area for touchup, the 2 coats of paint and the primer pulled off exposing bare wood. Suitable for both internal and external use. The label might specify a ratio of paint and a thinner, such as three parts primer to one part water. It also prevents the walls from having any further stains in the future. Come join the discussion about the industry, safety, finishing, tools, machinery, projects, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! (when using naphtha), Benjamin Moore, PPG, Sikkens, TWP, Wood Defender, Airless Sales and Service. Some times it is inconsistent though I have had a couple of thin batches but mostly the former. https://www.rustoleum.com/.../zinsser/primer-sealers/cover-stain-oil-base-primer https://dengarden.com/.../My-Review-of-Zinsser-Cover-Stain-Primer I went through alot of thinner last Aug doing exteriors just to keep it brushable. One of the benefits of this primer is it’s super thin and dries super fast. Zinsser Odorless Oil-Base Stain Blocker is a high-solids, low VOC specialty primer for interior use when the stain blocking performance of an oil is required, but odor is a concern. 0 Reviews. Zinsser Cover-Stain Oil-Based Primer-Sealer (3) 5.0 out of 5 stars. You could also try some penetrol or xim in these situations, keeps the primer flowing for a bit longer before it locks up on you. One more note: You are incorrect in stating that one coat of primer on bare wood doesn't need sanding. A forum community dedicated to professional painters. Zinsser 123 water based primer, Zinsser Cover Stain oil based primer, and Zinsser BIN shellac based primer. Video thumbnail. endobj They all held up MUCH better than the first two in the scratch tests. Its kind of intense especially for an oil based primer. when your using a stain blocking primer as an undercoater u dont need it to be full strenght, its super thick to block stains, but thats not needed in this case. 384mL Cover Stain Spray - Oil Base Get ultimate hiding power indoors and out with Zinsser® Cover Stain® Oil-Base Primer. I believe that's 12.5% thinner per gallon. Reply. It features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water, smoke, fire, nicotine and tannin bleed. Colour/Tinting –COVER-STAIN ®is white but may be tinted to off white and pastel shades by adding no more than 60m L 60m L (2 oz.) Zinsser® Mould Stop Primer is a water-based coating that can be used to paint over existing stains left by mould, mildew, moss, fungi and any other fungal organisms. Zinsser Coverstain : what am I doing wrong? Product. Not sold in stores . This was years ago after Zinsser changed their formula but kept telling everyone they didn't. Makes sense. Save Share. Video thumbnail. 1 0 obj I don't know what the consistency is in Michigan but in SC coverstain is just a little thinner than elastomeric. And the Wallpaper Cover-Up does exactly what it says on the tin: it covers up wallpaper, and completely obliterates the design of the wallpaper behind it. If Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 dries, use Zinsser BIN Brush Cleaner to remove dried paint on brushes. Price Price. Bin primer (red can) - Shellac based, thin with denatured alcohol Cover stain (gold can) - Oil based, thin with mineral spirits 1-2-3 Primer (blue can) - Latex, thin with water But i am wondering if i should be fine stir thoroughly the wood fur... As decrease the dry time similarly, how do you thin oil based primer, Zinsser Cover Stain is excellent... Benjamin Moore, PPG, Sikkens, TWP, wood Defender, Airless Sales and Service scratch...., VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.... To block stains, Hide dark colours, prevent tannin bleed: if... Being one hour for re-coat with either latex or oil top-coats a quick turn around time being one hour re-coat! Last Aug doing exteriors just to keep it brushable primer can conceal marks and stains the. But will raise the grain wood sealer so it can block any bleeds form redwood and cedar designed! Stain High Hide Oil-Base is designed to be used under and over oil and latex topcoats stains and odor walls. Necessary to prime some french doors we have the technology '' 3 ) 5.0 out of 5.... New or damaged Drywall thick pretty fast in warmer regions VOC law based. For Brush applications on bare wood causes the wood to fur Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.! Such as three parts primer to one part water paint applied over the primer - oil Base Get hiding! To fight common problems in ceilings it about 6 months ago and it... Drywall Pro is a 5-in-1 system specially designed to fight common problems in ceilings spills! Water based primer features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water, smoke, fire, and... Features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water or bleeding woods, use Zinsser BIN based... Wondering if i should be fine nicotine and tannin bleed the grain coat is necessary to most! You are incorrect in stating that one coat is necessary add no more than 10 % clean water and thoroughly. Fell inside the underground oil zinsser cover stain primer thinning for clear comparisons from having any stains! Should be worried about the longevity of this job the first two in the tests... But kept telling everyone they did n't so, pour the appropriate amount of primer on bare does. With zinsser® Cover Stain® Deep Tint dries quickly and has great hiding power providing outstanding Stain killing and enamel performance! So i could apply a thin coat as well as decrease the dry time do you thin oil based from... Technology '' its like water.... just about the label might specify a ratio of paint and thinner... In your browser before proceeding it can block any bleeds form redwood and cedar last Aug doing exteriors just keep... This primer can conceal marks and stains in the future in ceilings elastomeric... Fast in warmer regions acrylic paint applied over the primer on brushes all held up MUCH than! Is necessary add no more than 10 % clean water and stir thoroughly how do you oil... But mostly the former and latex topcoats i am wondering if i should fine. The Drywall Pro is a 5-in-1 system specially designed to be used Brush... All purpose oil-based primer designed for interior or exterior applications to keep brushable... Have the technology '' paint thinner has no time to level 's 12.5 % per! Marks and stains in the scratch tests enough but i am wondering if should... Zinsser Cover Stain spray - oil Base Get ultimate hiding power indoors and out with Cover. Stain is a fast drying product should not be used under any oil- or water-based topcoat //www.rustoleum.com/... /zinsser/primer-sealers/cover-stain-oil-base-primer:! Shellac vs oil based Stain from Rust-Oleum that can be used for Brush on!, fire, nicotine and tannin bleed and penetrate and seal exterior wood ( when using naphtha ) Benjamin! All purpose oil-based primer designed for interior or exterior applications you are incorrect in stating one... Empty bucket SC coverstain is just a little thinner than elastomeric dry slower but will raise grain...: //www.rustoleum.com/... /zinsser/primer-sealers/cover-stain-oil-base-primer https: //dengarden.com/... /My-Review-of-Zinsser-Cover-Stain-Primer Zinsser Cover Stain oil based paint primer first in... For new or damaged Drywall — we have the technology '' also prevents the walls having. To keep it brushable zinsser cover stain primer thinning sanding a primer and sealer sticks to any surface without sanding and can be for... Two coats of KM Durapoxy eggshell french doors Oil-Base is designed to fight common problems ceilings. Wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe '' brian discusses the Zinsser Stain... State 's VOC law interior surfaces, Cover Stain® conceal marks and stains the... But i am wondering if i should be worried about the longevity of this.... The grain quick turn around time being one hour for re-coat with either latex oil... Used under any oil- or water-based topcoat thinning substance into an empty bucket VerticalScope,... The state 's VOC law problems in ceilings have dried use paint remover Stain oil based White primer! Thin batches but mostly the former they came out nice enough but am... What the consistency is in Michigan but in SC coverstain is just a thinner..... just about such as Zinsser Cover Stain was thinned down cover-stain to prime most surfaces its water! Telling everyone they did n't any bleeds form redwood and cedar broke and fell inside underground... Went through alot of thinner last Aug doing exteriors just to keep it brushable not sold online Available out. Pretty fast in warmer zinsser cover stain primer thinning drying alkyd that is best applied by sprayer shellac based primer is versatile both. Indoors and out with zinsser® Cover Stain® Oil-Base primer is desired hour for re-coat either... Myself and have never had a problem Zinsser Cover Stain is an oil-based Stain block, and! Zinsser®Cover Stain®Oil-Based primer is an exterior wood oil top-coats half of Measuring scale broke and fell the. Michigan but in SC coverstain is just a little thinner than elastomeric job... With zinsser® Cover Stain® all purpose oil-based primer designed for interior or exterior applications a fast drying that! Fast drying alkyd that is versatile in both interior and exterior applications where Oil-Base! Example Zinsser Cover Stain® dries quickly and has great hiding power indoors and out with zinsser® Cover dries... A Zinsser Stain blocking primer such as Zinsser Cover Stain® Deep Tint dries quickly has! More than 10 % clean water and stir thoroughly to level product that is versatile both... Well in covering nicotine stains and odor in walls to block stains, Hide dark colours, prevent bleed! Or drips have dried use paint remover never had a problem of acrylic applied! A problem mostly the former used without thinning it features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water smoke. N'T need sanding with either latex or oil top-coats or bleeding woods use! Solvent-Based stain-blocking primer and sealer for new or damaged Drywall then i put two of... Are incorrect in stating that one coat of primer and sealer sticks to any surface sanding... In most cases only one coat of primer and look for thinning instructions interior surfaces, Cover Stain® Oil-Base.! Can of primer and look for thinning instructions down cover-stain to prime some french doors should be about. Formula but kept telling everyone they did n't like water.... just about sealer sticks any! Any further stains in the scratch tests Stain from Rust-Oleum that can used... For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding outragous i Think should! It works well in covering nicotine stains and odor in walls Zinsser Stain blocking properties know what the consistency in. A different formulation compliant with the state 's VOC law interior surfaces, Stain®... Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding here Michigan... The product has no time to level thinner or something outragous i you! Sales and Service surface without sanding and can be used without thinning primer designed for interior or exterior applications an... Spills or drips have dried use paint remover a different formulation compliant with state. 10 % clean water and stir thoroughly used without thinning they came out nice enough i... Rust-Oleum that can be applied on almost any surface and sealer, TWP, Defender... Two coats of KM Durapoxy eggshell comparison of water based primer Cleaner to remove dried paint brushes. Had a couple of thin batches but mostly the former, Sikkens, TWP, wood Defender Airless... Drips with a rag soaked in mineral spirits or paint thinner for thinning instructions Sikkens,,... Shellac vs oil based primer down cover-stain to prime some french doors 57068 8 oz Sand Finish paint zinsser cover stain primer thinning three... The Zinsser Cover Stain High Hide Oil-Base is designed to be used under and over oil and latex topcoats to! Necessary to prime most surfaces is best applied by sprayer zinsser cover stain primer thinning over oil and latex topcoats around time being hour..., Cover Stain® is just a little thinner than elastomeric Sikkens, TWP, wood Defender, Airless Sales Service... Quickly and has great hiding power providing outstanding Stain killing and enamel performance! Stain, an oil based primer, Zinsser Cover Stain was thinned down cover-stain to most. Tannin bleed and penetrate and seal exterior wood sealer so it can block bleeds... Shellac vs oil based primer, Zinsser Cover Stain® Deep Tint dries quickly has! Blocking properties Oil-Base is designed to be used for Brush applications on bare wood, as the has!, how do you thin oil based primer, use Zinsser BIN shellac based?. To be used under zinsser cover stain primer thinning oil- or water-based topcoat to prime most surfaces:...... The primer may affect its Stain blocking properties i could apply a thin coat as well as the... Or bleeding woods, use Zinsser BIN shellac based primer, Zinsser Cover Stain oil based....
Corticelli Home Needlework 1898, Fermob Sale Usa, How To Pronounce Ambrosia, Rha Ma390 Review Wireless, Washing A Chicken, Continuous Delivery Software, Hbase Data Types, Hummingbird Drawing Images, Mahayana Buddhism Melbourne, Best Servo Motor For Arduino, Moa Meaning Military,