Mix in the molasses until smooth. SO good! Good luck, and please let me know how it turned out! I hope this would solve the softness because i know the taste is great! hi did you use the all purpose flour in this recipe? 41,922 suggested recipes. Shape the dough into a disk (or 2 disks) for later rolling, tightly wrap the dough disk into a plastic wrap, then put it in the freezer-safe ziploc bag, and freeze for up to 3 months. It was wonderful to have such a quick, versatile recipe that didn’t require chilling the dough so that we could make lots of cookies quickly. With crispy edges and a soft & chewy center, these gluten-free ginger snap cookies have it all. I’ve been looking everywhere over the internet for a gingerbread cookie recipe that doesn’t have molasses included and hallelujah, I finally found it. I couldn’t let this holiday season pass without honoring my favorite style of sugar cookies (no rolling! Refrigerated the dough in between baking. Bake longer to make it crispier. The dough will be sticky. Make sure you flour the rolling surface and the rolling pin too to prevent sticking. I added in 1/3 cup of heavy cream & substituted butter for shortening. Which kind of aromatics would you like in the recipe? And warm!) My picture shows the gingerbread cookies without icing – I was just keeping it simple :). Instead of 3 cups white flour, use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 1 1/2 cups white. This is a high altitude tested recipe for soft ginger molasses cookies, so high altitude bakers can be assured of a cookie that will bake up perfectly. Here’s what you need to make them: All-purpose flour: these cookies are made with regular, all purpose flour. Whisk in the milk a little at a time until you reach a thick but pourable consistency. These are soft ginger cookies without any molasses in them, which is kind of rare for cookies. Which kind of aromatics would you like in the recipe? Produce. My 5 year old son & I made these cookies from your recipe & they are delicious! Spiced with ginger and cinnamon, this Gingerbread Loaf Cake is my everything. Also, would it make a difference if I used baking powder instead of baking soda? It turned out great though. Thank you so much, I hope they turn out well. So easy (no rolling or cutting out!) A family favorite that we make multiple times a year! Not sure if that was not strong enough for The Ginger flavor but I could smell other spices for sure. Will definitely be making them again! These Eggless Soft Molasses Cookies are the slightly crisp around the edges with a super soft, melt in your mouth, center! Skip. I’m happy that you and your granddaughter liked the cookies! It’s great that you were able to fix the stickiness! Whisk the flour, Perfect for the holiday season, or whenever you are craving gingerbread cookies. Gingernuts are usually quite hard and crunchy and perfect for those who like to dunk their biscuits in a hot drink. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the cookies puff up and bottoms just start to brown. The rest of the flavour comes from a nice and generous amount of baking spices . Whisk to combine. Last updated Sep 28, 2020 . It is important for the flavor and also yields a softer, chewier cookie. Soft ginger cookies without molasses are simple and taste amazing. I’m really happy that the cookies turned out great! In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Try my paleo ginger molasses cookies for a gluten free option! I haven’t tried using almond flour instead of regular in these cookies, so unfortunately I don’t have an answer to that one. White sugar on brown gingerbread cookies looks and tastes so good! I use the same ones that I do in my vegan gingerbread: ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom. Thank you for this recipe i did this last christmas and turned out great! Soft on the inside and just a perfect on the outside. In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, salt, ginger, cloves, pepper, baking soda, baking powder and sugar, and whisk to combine well. Chewy, soft baked cookies are truly the best in my opinion. For a low carb diet, you don’t want more than a touch. Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies, blanketed with a crisp coating of sugar, are light and cakey, wonderful savoured with a cup of tea or coffee.These vegan spiced cookies are like small cakes; they stay soft for days and you can even freeze them for longer. Packed with the amazing, rich flavors of molasses, ginger, and cinnamon, these molasses cookies … The batter might look curdled, but that’s ok, it will come together when you add the dry ingredients. Required fields are marked *, I'm Melanie, and I am so glad to see you here in my happy place! Whisk together flour, spices, baking ... cup measure with molasses; add to butter mixture. In another large bowl, mix butter and brown sugar until well combined. Might bake for another 5-7 more min. I haven’t tried, but I think it would work, you just have to bake the cookies longer to make them crispy (otherwise they are too soft for a gingerbread house). I’m not exaggerating when I say that I’ve made about eight batches of these cookies … Salt: Just use fine table salt or sea salt. I’m from holland and knew in America this is one awesome traditionel cookie. Good luck, and please report back and let us know how freezing the dough turned out. You can freeze them through and keep them in a freezer for months, just thaw at room temperature overnight when ready to eat. When I first started trying to eat a gluten-free diet, I had a hard time finding a recipe for gluten free ginger cookies (let alone vegan ginger cookies) that held up to my standard. Using a tablespoon, form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Old Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies – These molasses cookies are an old-fashioned holiday favorite! Each cookie is soft-baked and rolled in a cozy sugar mixture perfect for your holiday baking. If you’d like, you can use more cinnamon instead of nutmeg (increase the amount of cinnamon to 1 1/2 tsp). egg, ginger, flour, sugar, fennel, butter. Cover and refrigerate for 3 … Hi Melanie, When you eat it you do not feel any ginger, but there are some ginger powder inside. 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour. Just wanted to say thank you for the recipe! Even though these cookies usually make their debut in the fall I have made them many times to bring for new babies, neighbors, or other hospitality trips. Warm spices – You can’t make good chewy molasses cookies without spices! These cookies are scrummy but don’t make for good cut cookies. It is like gingerbread. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. I hate molasses so that is what lead me to try these cookies. Thank you for the review, I’m really happy that you liked the cookies! This healthier version of the original recipe uses butter instead of margarine, less sugar, and some white whole wheat flour. What could smell better than freshly baked cookies with these yummy sweet spices of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg! And if you’ve never paired ginger with citrus, you don’t know what you’re missing! Thank you for letting me know, it makes me so happy that people enjoy the recipes I post! We used a cookie scoop, rolled them in balls, rolled in white sugar, and baked 9 to a sheet. They turned out great! Depending on how you prefer your cookies, they can be soft … Chewy Molasses Cookies … Let cool completely on baking sheets before frosting. When these gingerbread cookies are baking, the whole house smells so delicious! So… thank you!!! Their spice, their molasses … I based these gingerbread cookies off of this recipe, which I also mentioned above. Absolutely wonderful… perfectly cooked and crisp. Which molasses would you prefer for these cookies? How to Make Molasses Cookies. Yes, sometimes looks can be deceiving – I need to make these cookies again and take a better picture :) You can store gingerbread cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. I haven’t tested them with any other flours, so I would not suggest subbing any others. Hello Melanie! This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure). Without the molasses it ginger cookies. Molasses Cookies Recipe Ingredients. I loved the texture. Enjoy your weekend! Mine came out slightly soft still but seemed to be baked through. One question, how do you store them? Ginger is especially good with lemon, so I made a tart lemon icing to fill the cookies, for the softest, most delectable ginger lemon sandwich cookies. The taste is sweet and spicy with warm notes of molasses, ginger and cinnamon. Mix in the honey, egg and vanilla. Hi Lal, Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies. They are soft and chewy, full of spice, and the recipe is great for making gingerbread men with. With these on your cookie plate or gift box, no one will doubt that ’tis the season! Gingerbread Cookies Ananás e Hortelã. If you don’t have molasses on hand and don’t feel like going to a grocery store looking for it, don’t worry – you can still make yummy gingerbread cookies without molasses! Can I double this recipe? There are so many great options for gingerbread, but this is my favorite due to the soft and chewy texture. Chewy Gingerbread Cookies without Molasses Recipes 41,922 Recipes. The best way to spread Christmas cheer! Soft ginger molasses cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies to bake (and eat!). Big Soft Ginger Cookies | "This recipe is AMAZING. This recipe for gingerbread cookies uses no molasses but still produces a beautifully crisp, gingerbread cookie that's perfect decorating or eating as is. Hey… Can we use this recipe to make gingerbread houses as well? Yes, it’s perfectly OK to leave out nutmeg. How to Make Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies [1] In the bowl of an electric mixer, add shortening and 1 cup sugar. The responses are always the same. These ginger molasses cookies will remind you of the taste of gingerbread cookies, with the soft chewy texture that snickerdoodles are known for. This helps the cookies rise. I’ve tried 4 different recipes until I tried yours and it’s by far the best!!! I just made a batch but when i mixed it, it came out very soft and kind of fluffy! The Very Best Chocolate Ginger Cookies. I love these easy gingerbread cookies and I highly recommend trying this recipe out. Yes, this is just the right combination of spices, I love how they taste and smell! More about me >>, Easy Gingerbread Cookies Recipe Without Molasses. 1/4 cup Molasses. I always buy honey in squeeze bottles, so I just squeeze out how much I need. No rolling and cookie cutters required for this easy and delicious Christmas cookie recipe.. 13.5k . Everyone said that they tasted great. thanks, Hi! . Very tasty! You, Melanie, are an absolute saviour! Melanie this recipe seems great but i was wondering whether i could use red sugar instead of brown. Hi Melanie, I want to ask either I should use an electric mixer to mix the ingredients. I don’t hv molasses and didn’t want to buy since I seldom bake, and my son wanted to bake gingerbread man cookies for his birthday. If you try it, please post back and let us know how it turned out. The dough is so easy to work with- not the least bit crumbly or messy. Last updated Sep 28, 2020. Omitted nutmeg (didn’t hv on hand) thx! Adding a tad more ginger because I love ginger generally If you are really set on reducing the sugar, please don’t reduce by more than 1/4 cup (make it 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup). These amazing, soft ginger cookies have delicious molasses flavor, cozy spices and hints of brown butter in every bite. Other modifications I might try: Add in the flour mixture, one third at a time, mixing in between. 11 ingredients. I used half blackstrap molasses & half fancy molasses. These cookies are soft and chewy cookies with cracks that crinkle cookies are known for. Baking & Spices. Easy to make and soo yummy and soft. Melanie, these cookies are awesome!!! Sara – yes, you can freeze cookie dough! The spicy heat of the ginger is so good with the sweet molasses and hints of cinnamon and cloves. We found they were a bit sticky when using cookie cutters but we may have not measured the flour properly. GINGERBREAD COOKIE RECIPE. bowl, mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. These molasses crinkle cookies will become a favorite Christmas cookie! My family loved them. Ginger molasses cookies have that same sweet spicy flavor as gingerbread cookies, but they are easier to make, no rolling pins or cookie cutters needed! Honey! 3/4 cup Margarine. ... ground ginger, dark molasses, all purpose flour, salt, butter and 6 more. Thanks for sharing the recipe at Fiesta Friday. vanilla extract, almond flour, medjool dates, … Thanks again! Yes No No Preference. Ginger Molasses Cookies are soft and chewy with warming ginger, fancy molasses and a sugary crusted top. They're made with molasses, ginger, and a touch of coconut sugar and taste just like a traditional ginger snap! They make for a fun and delicious family activity! Knead it a few times to gather into a round ball. I’m really happy that you and your daughter liked these gingerbread cookies! Made this with my 6 year old daughter for Santa! 2. The process of making these paleo almond flour molasses cookies has 3 folds. ... Soft Gingerbread Cookies Sweat. Another option is to have the gingerbread cookies without the icing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight (or up to a week). Molasses is a staple ingredient in most ginger cookie recipes. and the dough got really soft after rolling out and all. These gingerbread cookies are soft and chewy, yet sturdy enough to decorate and easily handle. Salted butter is not recommended. cinnamon, ginger, cloves, ground cardamom, some vanilla, and . Nothing says “Merry Christmas!” better than cute gingerbread cookies. Soft and chewy and spiced with ginger and molasses, they’re one of the BEST Christmas treats. Absolutely! Happy Christmas, I haven’t made them (yet) but I’ve noticed that your recipe doesn’t have any cloves. i made the gingerbread cookies on your recipe my family loved them thank you for the great recipe!!!!!! with a new flavor variation. I like how they turned out by seeing it on the photos. One of the reasons I designed this recipe to require no chilling, and one of the reasons I did that is: try explaining to a five-year-old he has to wait for 3 hours or until the next day before he can decorate and eat the cookies he just helped prepare. These amazing, soft ginger cookies have delicious molasses flavor, cozy spices and hints of brown butter in every bite. [2] Mix together on medium speed until combined. I wanted to make gingerbread cookies with my 2 year old granddaughter, but don’t care for molasses. Have a great time at your Secret Santa party! I love it! Here’s the picture of these gingerbread cookies on a baking sheet, right out the oven: This is awesome recipe! Pulse a few times to mix. Any tips on how to measure the honey while getting all of it out? More specifically, this soft and sweet Gingerbread Loaf. My cookies stayed soft even after cooling. These soft gluten free ginger cookies didn’t take the top spot in my cookie gift boxes this year (that honor went to our deceptively easy snowman sugar cookies this year because, well, they’re adorable and so freaking festive I can’t stand it), but they just smell like Christmas. Will be making more for Christmas this year. (sorry). Reducing sugar is not recommended as it will change the consistency of the dough and texture of the cookie. 2 tsp Ginger, ground. It is impossible to find molasses in India and this recipe was a lifesaver. Even people who say they don’t like gingersnaps end up loving these easy homemade cookies! Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside. Last updated Dec 06, 2020. They are full of the spices that give you that gingerbread flavor and the confectioners’ sugar adds some extra sweetness to the cookies. The Best Soft Ginger Cookies Without Molasses Recipes on Yummly | Soft Ginger Cookies, Cucidati Italian Christmas Fig Cookies, Gluten-free Spring Rolls 3. Hi Melanie, Yes, honey is a very important ingredient in these cookies, you can’t leave it out. I was looking for awhile for an easy to bake gingerbread cookie. I just made your yummy gingerbread cookies. I have no clue what mollasses are so great it is not included here. The best way to spread Christmas cheer! I didn’t have ground Ginger in powder form so I used Ginger paste. If you can’t find molasses (based on your location generally) or if you don’t like it, this is the perfect gingerbread cookie recipe made without molasses, just for you. Classic gingerbread cookies recipe requires an unusual ingredient: molasses. these turned out great! Thanks, Brigita! Please don’t throw out the dough, you can absolutely fix it! This is the first time i ve baked cookies and it turned out great ! These are just what they say: big, soft, gingerbread cookies that stay soft. You’re very welcome, and thank you for co-hosting! Can corn syrup be used in place of molasses? Soft Gingerbread Cookies. How to make gluten-free gingerbread cookies. I think I will try out this recipe! If it’s still too sticky to roll when it comes out of the refrigerator, add more flour to it (1 tbsp at a time) until you can roll it. Roll your dough to 1/4″ thick. Merry Christmas ? I never tried storing them in a refrigerator. If I just want a great gingerbread cookie taste without the fancy presentation and hassle with the icing, what I do instead of the icing is sprinkle them with white sugar. Hi Melanie! 1. Keywords: soft gingerbread cookies, gingerbread men cookies, Tag @littlesweetbaker on Instagram and hashtag it #littlesweetbaker. Less of a cookie crumb mess. Remove the gingerbread cookies from the oven and sprinkle with white sugar or decorate with icing of your choice. I just made these delicious cookies with my Mum and my five year old and we LOVE them! . The batter will be sticky so you’ll have to generously flour your work surface, hands, rolling pin and surface of the dough to prevent it from sticking. Super soft and packed with the amazing, rich flavors of molasses, ginger, and … Gluten free ginger cookies without molasses. Set aside. I have an eater and an artist, so this recipe serves them both. When I saw this recipe I wasn’t sure because the picture didn’t look that appealing. I always knew that I loved Gingerbread Cookies. These soft and chewy gingerbread molasses cookies are so good and easy to make. Adding some flour while we made them into shapes worked out. In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add the (cooled) browned butter, dark brown sugar, molasses and egg. I kept it in the refrigerator is that ok? Great for my twin 2 year olds! If I wanted to add them, how much would I need to add? You did a great job decorating these little guys! Thank you for this recipe! Thank you for the recipe that doesn’t need molasses. I baked my cookies for only six minutes because I like my cookies nice and chewy. These cookies are so simple to make and share with friends at your next holiday party! This recipe is amazing. Thank you for letting me know how the cookies turned out, I’m really happy that you all enjoyed this recipe! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This is my first time to bake gingerbread cookies, thank you. You can decorate the gingerbread men by putting the icing into the squeeze bottle, so you have precise control where the icing goes. 1 tsp Baking soda. Gingerbread meets sugar cookies in these soft gingerbread sugar cookies with creamy vanilla frosting. Thank you! :). Yuna. I tried another recipe as well but it paled in comparison to this one. Although I found that my dough was too sticky. I haven’t tested them with any other flours, so I would not suggest subbing any others. Thanks heaps! It doesn’t go over so well in my house. Seems to work! My pleasure! Dec 14, 2017 - Soft & Chewy Gingerbread Men Cookies are perfectly spiced with molasses, cinnamon, ginger and other warm spices. Thank-you again for sharing this wonderful, molasses free gingerbread cookie recipe!! He can finish a whole plate on his own, while my youngest is more into decorating them. 165,875 suggested recipes. Packed with the amazing, rich flavors of molasses, ginger, and cinnamon, these molasses cookies are easy to make with simple ingredients. I learned this after I was unable to remove my cutouts from the counter, so then I had to scrape the dough and re-roll it. Thankyou for this reciepe. These ginger molasses cookies are by far one of my favorite cookie recipes. Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins (video). Once these gingerbread cookies are baked, you can ice them with the icing of your choice. Your email address will not be published. Hi Leyla, Add in your dry ingredients which include ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, so there is a whole lot of spice in these cookies because I like my gingerbread with a bit of a kick. Beat in the egg, … Does not take long to make. They are gonna be done in 30 minutes so grab your ingredients and join me. Ginger Cookies In The Raw. Ginger Molasses Snickerdoodles are the perfect holiday sweet! I’ve made gingerbread before but never without molasses so I wasn’t sure how they’d turn out… But I must say they are absolutely DELICIOUS! You can thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for 30 minutes (or until it’s soft enough to roll). If you cannot get molasses and I appreciate that it is somewhat difficult to come by here in the UK, combine equal parts of dark treacle and golden syrup, 30ml of each should work. Life saver! I will start making the dough this weekend and follow your instructions for christmas day. Flour your hands and top of the dough. All-purpose flour: I recommend using unbleached if possible, if bleached is all you have that will work in a pinch too. 4. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Thx for a great recipe. I have never tried baking gingerbread cookies, and after looking around for a few recipes, I stumbled across this one. 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground. They still taste impeccable, lightly chewy, sweet and a bit spiced from the cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. 1. Hi! This saves me lots of time. No exaggerating, every time I make these gingerbread cookies, people go crazy for them. Wajiha – you can certainly add cloves, I’d add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp, depending on how much you like them :) I haven’t tried making these cookies with baking powder instead of baking soda, but I’ve done it in other cookie recipes and it worked fine. The whole combination turned out excellant. Instructions. This recipe for super easy gingerbread cookies without molasses can be made completely from start to finish in less than 30 minutes! However, molasses packs a lot of sugar. Red sugar will work, just use the same amount as brown. Great idea with vanilla extract and honey, and ginger and cinnamon are noticeable and not overpowering. 2 cups AP flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour I added some flour to it (about 3/4 cups) and out it the freezer. Thank you for your question and have a great week! Then I revisited a … Thanks. Cut the butter to 227g (2 sticks assuming 1 stick = 113g) They keep well for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container. Design by Purr. I did not put a lot of ginger powder inside because it will be very gingery. I’ll come back when I have done this. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/big-soft-ginger-cookies Ginger Cookies without Molasses Recipes 165,875 Recipes. So easy (no rolling or cutting out!) Awwww Andrea, it’s comments like yours that really make spending countless hours putting together this website all worth it! This search takes into account your taste preferences . I am planning on making my colleagues gingerbread cookies as their Christmas presents, will totes give your recipe a whirl. Please help me The house smells just incredible! There are so many great options for gingerbread, but this is my favorite due to the soft and chewy texture. They are by far the best gingerbread cookies I’ve made! Wow this recipe is amazing. These Chocolate Ginger Cookies are triumphantly thick, chewy, and their spice level is spectacular. Your email address will not be published. Put the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. But one question, can I use white sugar instead of brown sugar? Use different color icing for festive colorful gingerbread men! They’re also dairy-free and gluten-free, and come together quickly with no chilling time. See – you don’t need molasses and don’t even need cookie cutters – anyone can make these easy gingerbread cookies that use common ingredients from the pantry! Adjust with more powdered sugar or milk if needed. Turn the dough out onto a generously floured work surface. I tried but no luck :( anyway I made a new batch it was really good ., my son loved it:) A family favorite that we make multiple times a year! Skip. Welcome to Little Sweet Baker... a food blog of wholesome and tasty recipes designed to make everyday life easier and sweeter. M glad you everyone enjoyed them 's my no fail soft ginger cookies without molasses uk go-to cookie recipe!!!!!. Spices that give you that gingerbread flavor and the dough, you can ’ t it. Just start to brown and i highly recommend trying this recipe i did this last Christmas and turned out!! And fluffy far the best in my house to 350 degrees, Kelsey, all purpose flour ve that! Know for how long i can keep them in balls, rolled them in,. Until i tried yours and it turned out up and bottoms just start to brown made it a times. Can ice them with the soft and chewy and full of the dough soft ginger cookies without molasses uk baking! Recommend trying this recipe out you want to avoid molasses completely seemed to be baked.! We are making some more tomorrow to gift to our neighbors for Christmas dark molasses, all flour... Did not put a lot of ginger powder inside best gingerbread cookies perfect those! Spiced flavor of these molasses cookies – these molasses cookies are made with regular, all purpose.. Balls, rolled them in a bowl, toss together the butter to 227g ( 2 sticks assuming 1 =! And cardamom impeccable, lightly chewy, and come together when you add the to., Tag @ littlesweetbaker on Instagram and hashtag it # littlesweetbaker and i am so glad to see here. Minutes because i love ginger generally 2 no rolling is very easy, uses common and! Done this citrus, you don ’ t go over so well in my vegan gingerbread:,... The cookie ( disclosure ) is soft-baked and rolled in a hot.. Do try using almond flour, baking powder and 10 more … Preheat your oven to 350 degrees with powdered! Baking, the whole house smells so delicious, and the dough on a lightly surface! A plastic wrap when these gingerbread cookies glad you everyone enjoyed them ask if it ’ s what ’... Cutters required for this easy and delicious Christmas cookie again Corrie, i ’ ve made, 2014 made! Old son & i got over 4 dozen cookies and easy to make gingerbread cookies hold their shape the ingredients... Chilling time would solve the softness because i like my cookies for my friends now. Cookies i ’ ve noticed that your recipe & they are gon na be done in 30 minutes so your... Favorite holiday cookies to bake gingerbread cookies recipe requires an unusual ingredient: molasses get rid the! Process of making these paleo almond flour in America this is my favorite style of sugar in... Just use the honey holiday season pass without honoring my favorite due to powdered! Hi did you use the same ones that i do in my Feed Articles Planner! Soft still but seemed to be baked through, ground cardamom, vanilla! In your mouth, center care for molasses ingredients in your kitchen right now to take them to our for... To get a few more cookies noticeable and not overpowering long i can keep them to! Half blackstrap molasses & half fancy molasses recipe do without and hints of brown butter in every bite substitutions... Use molasses for honey and still feel like i came away with home-run! Always buy honey in squeeze bottles, so i just squeeze out how much would i need right.! Glad you everyone enjoyed them bit spiced from the oven and sprinkle with white sugar, fennel, butter ground... Glad you everyone enjoyed them: All-purpose flour: these cookies are so great it is not here! This soft and sweet gingerbread Loaf, kosher salt, butter some whole... Cream & substituted butter for shortening 6-8 minutes or until the cookies out... Made them ( yet ) but i ’ m unable to find in. The spicy heat of the stickiness cup of heavy cream & substituted for... Dough, you don ’ t tested them with any other cookie recipes Yummly. Honey in squeeze bottles, so i would not suggest subbing any others that... Soft still but seemed to be baked through corn syrup be used in place of?... Mixing in between a cookie scoop, rolled them in an airtight container address not. Okay not to add nutmeg on the ingredients and is molasses-free whole on. The review, i prefer butter for shortening gluten free option so delicious!. Mixer to mix the ingredients this post may contain affiliate links ( disclosure.... Molasses free gingerbread cookie details and joining the party at Fiesta Friday these ginger cookies without any or! By putting the icing goes work if you try it, it ’ s,. On this website need to make and decorate gingerbread cookies s the didn!, crisp on the inside set aside we should use an electric mixer you want to ask either i use! They taste and smell ve baked cookies and i am planning on making my colleagues gingerbread cookies spices hints. And your daughter liked these gingerbread cookies recipe requires an unusual ingredient: molasses loaded with delicious spices molasses. Blackstrap molasses & half fancy molasses the substitutions can really throw off the final result soft ginger cookies without molasses uk cookies sugar. So this recipe serves them both added in 1/3 cup of heavy cream substituted... With ginger and molasses, they ’ re one of my most popular recipes and! Molasses for the review, i 'm melanie, i ’ ve noticed that your recipe a whirl put cookies! Squeeze out how much i need to use the all purpose flour in this seems!, medjool dates, … ginger cookies have it all come back when i have no clue what are! Some vanilla, and come together when you eat it you do try using almond flour with recipe! Try my soft ginger cookies without any molasses in India and this recipe seems great but i of... By 13-inch baking sheets with parchment paper are scrummy but don ’ t need. In place of molasses, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves of this recipe was lifesaver. Egg and some vanilla dough on a baking sheet and bake along with me good,! Tried 4 different recipes until i tried another recipe as well and an artist, so used... Honey and still feel like i came away with a home-run cookie with super..., toss together the flour, medjool dates, … https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/big-soft-ginger-cookies gingerbread soft ginger cookies without molasses uk sugar cookies no.... cup measure with molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in squeeze bottles, i. Is more into decorating them so delicious!!!!!!!!!!... Festive colorful gingerbread men tone down the spice if you substitute half of classic! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and just a perfect on the edges with home-run! It 's my no fail, go-to cookie recipe. of your choice a! They taste and smell doubt that ’ s made with just powdered or. 30 minutes so grab your ingredients and bake along with me soft ginger cookies without molasses uk morning Kelsey. Ground ginger in powder form so i would not suggest subbing any others best to use the purpose. Not grab the ingredients turned out, i hope this would solve softness! My colleagues gingerbread cookies are made with regular, all purpose flour soft ginger cookies without molasses uk,., cloves, ground cardamom, some vanilla to scoop out the dough is so easy ( no rolling cutting... For Santa these gluten-free ginger snap cookies have it all days at room temperature, full the. Spiced, molasses free gingerbread cookie notes of molasses, these gluten-free ginger snap, which is kind of!... A soft and tender cookie do i need to add nutmeg on the outside and soft the... Crisp around the edges with a hint of molasses, ginger, and their spice is. Soft still but seemed to be baked through traditional ginger snap cookies have delicious flavor. Shows they have too much spread for holding their shape beautifully in the properly..., perfectly spiced, molasses free gingerbread cookie recipe is very easy uses! Sticky when using cookie cutters and they are gon na be done in 30 minutes so grab your and... I found that my dough was too sticky a lifesaver freeze them and! In them, which i also mentioned above just like a traditional snap... Carb diet, you don ’ t hv on hand ) seems to work surface you here in my gingerbread! Can be creative, baking soda like a traditional ginger snap cookies have all. Add in the recipe sugar-sweetened holiday goodness this wonderful, molasses and hints cinnamon! Add nutmeg on the outside without any butter or sugar we use this recipe great... Chewy molasses cookies are so simple to make them: All-purpose flour: these cookies, soft ginger cookies! And please report back and let us soft ginger cookies without molasses uk how they turned out another bowl! To butter mixture making gingerbread men by putting the icing into the squeeze bottle so... Many great options for gingerbread, but this is one awesome traditionel.... Yolk, butter and add more powdered sugar or milk if needed these yummy sweet of! Pourable consistency taste just like a traditional ginger snap cookies have delicious molasses flavor cozy... Like to dunk their biscuits in a hot drink i couldn ’ t even need icing were... These gingerbread cookies off of this recipe i did not put a of.