Once cooled, you can move it onto a serving plate or be all fancy and serve straight from the baking sheet. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Blueberry season starts in early-mid June and usually goes until the end of July, early August max. This looks delicious and seems like the lazy (wo)man's pie, which is precisely what I like about it. Thanks so much for sharing something this yummy!!! I would smash them into a ball with my grubby little fingers and then roll them out again into a circle with a juice glass and make my own mini, made just for me, resemblance of a pie. 8. Do not over mix trying to make the batter smooth, this prevents cracking when baking. A rustic Italian pie with flaky golden crust wrapped around our sweet, made-from-scratch blueberry filling. Baking sheet: You will want a small baking sheet for the second step of the cooking process. . Let cool 20 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature. Instead, it’s a free form pie that uses every bit of crust. 12 ounces fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried. Remove the crostata from the oven and let … The other day I was hanging out at my local farm market and noticed they had a ton of blueberries. I've promised Josie that she and I would make a blueberry pie today but the idea of heating up my oven and having it be nearly 90 degrees outside, is making me rethink my plan. They make the perfect snack or even a perfect dessert, top them with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream to make them extra special. I remember sitting in my mom's kitchen when I was a kid and when she was done making a pie she would hand me the scraps of pie dough that were left over. Combine flour, salt & sugar & add to mixing bowl & set mixer … Fold the dough over the filling, leaving an opening in the center. Being this dessert is “free-form” it’s beautiful & rustic & shouldn’t be too fussed over to make it perfect because then you’ve missed the whole essence of it. BLUEBERRY PEACH CROSTATA "I am skeptical about frozen food, but frozen peaches taste better than most of the fresh ones available. Add flour, vanilla and zests. Thanks for the recipe. Fold the edges over in a haphazard way (neatness does not count here). With the machine running, add the ice water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together in a ball. https://www.houseofhawthornes.com/blueberry-crostata-galette-rustic-pie-recipe All rights reserved. Thanks, again. God bless. Next add in the butter and pulse until the butter is the size of a small grain. And actually I normally do make my own, but it's summer and if the name of the game is to make a FAST and EASY pie that you can make and devour QUICKLY, then just go for the store bought stuff. Toss blueberries and peaches with dry pudding mix, lemon juice and remaining basil; spoon into center of crust to within 3 inches of edge. Best Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Cookies I'm so glad your family likes it!!! https://www.marcellinaincucina.com/strawberry-crostata-recipe When it’s time to finally bake your blueberry crostata, preheat oven to 200°C. Jul 23, 2020 - An Easy Italian Dessert Recipe, Blueberry Crostata made with a tasty fresh blueberry filling in a buttery flaky crust. Was wondering if you could skip the egg wash on the crust ? You want fruit in the middle to show. In a small bowl, place the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon and blend well with a fork or whisk. YUM YUM YUM and so pretty! Crostata is a simple Italian tart. Required fields are marked *. Fold the dough over the filling, leaving an opening in the center. Top the pastry cream with wild blueberries. A home made top and bottom crust pie scares me (and when guests see it it scares them!). It’s short crust pastry (otherwise known as pie dough) rolled out like you would for a pie, with filling dumped into the middle. For the Crust: 1 tablespoon sugar; 1 teaspoon salt; 1/3 cup cold water; 2 … Kris. How To Grow Peonies Your Neighbors Will Envy, How To Paint A Front Door Without Removing It. looks delicious. According to Wikipedia at here, crostata is an Italian baked tart or pie that was traditionally baked with friable buttery dough but now, it is mostly made with shortcrust pastry. //